Posted to alt.home.repair

Default FINALLY got the HF Miter Saw

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 23:02:09 GMT, wrote:

It is a dust thrower. Hooked up my vac to it and it was almost useless. My
10" dewalt would collect most of the sawdust with the vac. Not a bad saw but
the laser is useless. It is accurate for rough work. I had hoped to get mine
accurate enough for stair treads. Best part is if it gains legs at a job
site it is not so bad a hit to take. I just use mine for occasional use,
mostly I go for the lighter 10'.

The dust catcher on my Bosch is pretty much useless, too. The laser
works pretty well, though. It's certainly good enough for framing. I
bought a hood for it that works well, though. I put a 5gal bucket
under it to catch all the dust.

http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/1560...pShop-Saw-Hood

I also have a 10" HF slider that I drag around outside. I have mounts
for both on a DeWalt stand that works out *really* well. I kinda
agree about it sprouting legs. I'm not afraid to drag the HF out when
it might rain, either. I'll try to cover it with a tarp but if it
doesn't work, don't care.