Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default How much does it cost to heat "corned beef brisket" for 2 hours at 350 degrees?

On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 14:53:26 -0400, "
wrote:

Home Guy wrote:
Gil wrote:

I just looked up my "tiered" rate for Silicon Valley:

Tier1 = $0.13/kWh up to "baseline"
Tier2 = $0.15/kWh from there to 130% of baseline
Tier3 = $0.30/kWh from there to 200% of baseline
Tier4 = $0.34/kWh from there to infinity
Holly **** are you paying through the nose for electricity.

Here in Ontario (Canada) most of us are now on time-of-day
metering, with the cheapest electricity costing about 7 cents
per kwh from 7 pm until 7 am. During the day there are 2
rates, but even the most expensive is I think 14 cents.
Don't know where you live in Ontario, but where I live we are
paying just under 20 cents per kwh (and it varies slightly
depending upon kwh usage each billing period) and we're not on
'time-of-day' usage.

The so-called 'delivery charge' exceeds my kwh usage cost.

So if you are also in Ontario (you don't say) then you must live in a
low-density, rural area (so you're paying a lot less for property
taxes).

If you look at this:

http://www.torontohydro.com/sites/el...cityRates.aspx

You'll see that if you're served by Toronto Hydro (and you're on
time-of-day billing) then you're paying 6.3 cents for off-peak and 11.8
cents for peak rate. On top of that, you're paying about 3.3 cents for
transmission / distribution / regulatory, and a flat $19 per month for
Toronto Hydro to pay their executives a nice big salary.

You don't even live in a _real_ country. The only way you can voice an
opinion is through USENET. If the queen finds out, she'll give you a
public peepee whacking.

Gee, a Usenet fraud trying to be me. I would be impressed, but it's
just another AIOEer (just below Google Groupie on the scum scale).