Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Never in America?

On Tuesday 19 March 2013 15:48 nestork wrote in alt.home.repair:

I'm sure that the ATM machines in Cyprus limit the amount you can
withdraw from your account to a few hundred dollars per day. Otherwise
a stolen ATM card could result in some people's entire life savings
being lost to thieves.

Still, your point is well taken. Even if the ATM machines remained
fully stocked with cash, the most someone here in Canada could take out
each day is $400, or $2800 over the course of a week. That would save
them $280 on this money grab if they had over $100,000 in the bank.

But, that's still small potatos compared to the $10,000+ the government
would seize.

Cyprus is going to be an interesting place for economists to watch in
future since people there will be reluctant to trust banks with their
savings. I expect you're going to see a lot more people putting their
money in glass jars and burying those jars in gardens and flower beds
and such to prevent the same thing from happening again in future.

And in gold, platnium, silver or palladium if they have sense...