Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default So when is the finishing finished?

On 3/19/2013 6:13 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 3/19/2013 2:58 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

And in fact, I am quite pleased with the finish I got on the bookcase
boxes. It's smooth, even and doesn't look at all "plastic-y" or thick.
Could I really have gotten similar results with half as many coats of
the full-strength poly? I have done that in the past and have not gotten
as nice-looking a finish as I'm seeing now.

Nothing else matters ... absolutely _nothing_.

+1

My take, too...it's not a for-sale piece where he's got to worry about a
customer down the road.

And, time will tell if there's a problem of insufficient thickness and
it'll be soon enough then to touch it up...