Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Miter saw Stand

On 3/19/2013 6:57 AM, Bill wrote:

Since the heavy saw on a base is being supported by a structure of bolts
mounted in plywood, 8-12 of them seems prudent (to me), as they will
support a fair amount of weight and vibration.

Having lived for years with a shimmed miter saw installation (plastic
shims when they became available) on a shop built wooden stand, I concur
with your quest to come up with some type of metal, screw/thread based,
leveling/flushing mechanism.

If you can pull it off, you will find that to be a much more preferable
solution than shimming a miter saw, where being flush with the wings can
affect both the cut and safety, and all too often has to be tweaked with
every change in weather or movement.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net