Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Miter saw Stand

Bill wrote:

How about securing the saw to a square plywood base (4 bolts), then
using about 12 more bolts to secure that base say 1" above another
plywood base, using 3 nuts to accomplish this for the latter 12 (one
at the bottom securing the bolt to the lower base, and one above and
below the top base).

Anyone think this is a good idea? Here is a pic of one of the 12
(hex) bolts I mented along with the 2 plywood bases:

That can work Bill, but it seems overly complicated to me. It's not hard to
measure the height of your saw, and then just cut lumber to fit. Cut a
whisker fat and creep up on it if you need to in order to be more
comfortable about it.

--

-Mike-