Posted to rec.woodworking
Just Wondering Just Wondering is offline

Default Curse you, digital calipers!

On 3/18/2013 1:32 PM, Tom Dacon wrote:
I used to have a nice little 4-inch plastic caliper, with both decimal
and fractional rings on the dial. It lived in the breast pocket of my
shop apron, and was a really convenient size for woodworking. ...Then one day,
somewhere along the line, it went missing and no matter how I searched
for it I never found it. And NOBODY sells anything like it nowadays, at
least with a fractional dial. I've spent hours on the web trying to find
someone who still sells it. No dice.

There's a 6-inch plastic fractional dial caliper he

http://www.amazon.com/General-Tools-...ractional+dial

If you really want a 4-inch one, you could cut 2 inches off.