Posted to rec.woodworking
Greg Guarino[_2_] Greg Guarino[_2_] is offline

Default So when is the finishing finished?

On 3/18/2013 1:51 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 3/18/2013 9:43 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Greg Guarino" wrote:

I think DadiOh might have thought that I had taken Wiping Poly
(already thinned) and thinned it further. I make no claim that three
coats is "enough" because I don't know; hence my original question.

If you have to ask, you probably already know the answer.

Your gut rules.

If it were mine, my gut says 3-4 more coats.

No good reason, just my gut.

+1 (more coat)

Do you mean 1 more than I have done (a total of 4) or one more on top of
Lew's "3-4 more" (a total of 7 or 8)? In either case, is that because I
do not yet have sufficient finish to protect the wood?