Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Street lights revisited ...

In article ,
polygonum wrote:
Really cruise control is best served with an automatic box

Actually, I found that with the Saab, it worked pretty well (was
manual), but that was because fifth was so capable. I can't help but
think that the optimum combination would be a CVT with CC. (Shame so few
CVTs seem to be much good other than in 'shoppers'.)

The beauty with an auto is you can up the gearing to the point where the
MPG is best - and not have to continually change down on hills.

I don't like CVTs. ;-) Modern multi-speed autos are more efficient - with
better reliability.

--
*Acupuncture is a jab well done*

Dave Plowman London SW