Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Ten percent.

On Monday 18 March 2013 15:48 Jethro_uk wrote in uk.d-i-y:

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:45:46 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

On Monday 18 March 2013 15:16 Jethro_uk wrote in uk.d-i-y:

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 15:13:37 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Is this not called theft?

Mind you one wonders if its merely to disguise that the banks have
already lost the 10 percent so its no good everyone wanting it in the
first place.
The trouble is everyone will now rush the banks and take out their
dosh and
scathe it under the bed, but if you are near the end there will not be
enough dosh to go around in any case. sound familiar? Was not Mr
Osbourne going to 'give' us all shares in the rescued banks, When I
hear a politician say give, I look for small print.
Brian

Everyone runs out, stashes it under the bed, and is then surprised when
HMG make old style notes invalid, and impose a 90% exchange rate for
the new ones.

If you're using money, you're at the mercy of the people who print it.

Why do you think they would stash it in worthless paper format?

Even ordinary people like me are actually wondering if hiding a few
precious metal coins around the place might not be a damn good idea.

Gold might be a bit dodgey as the price is rather bullish of late, but
there's platinum and palladium.

The main problem is the conversion hit you take as far as I can see, but
if you need long term investment, it might not be a bad idea at all.

And yes, I'd want the metal in my possession, not a vault in Hong Kong.

I imagine you'd also be unsurprised when burglaries with violence
skyrocket ?

Coins are *incredibly* easy to hide in a fashion that no-one, even if they
know what they were looking for, would be able to find them, short of
breaking the house and garden to tiny rubble and putting it through a sieve.

Even if they were in the house or on the property...

And the first rule of actually doing this is to tell no one at the time,
ever, except perhaps one other trusted party, which leaves the robbery with
violence as a bit of a hit or miss affair...

I'm fine right now, because I don't actually have any money kicking around.

Reading this on the web? See: