Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Champ[_2_] Andy Champ[_2_] is offline

Default OT. Street lights revisited ...

On 18/03/2013 10:23, polygonum wrote:
Used to have a Saab turbo 16V - that would do almost all motorway work
in fifth, up hill and down dale, without any noticeable slowing down. CC
really highlighted how other vehicles changed speed a lot. I guess some
of that was drivers not using/having CC, and some simply car engines not
able to make it up hills so apparently effortlessly.

I was in France once, driving along the motorway out of the port, and
all the traffic slowed down. What's going on? I thought, and slowed to
match... must be a speed limit... oh of course, hill and small diesels!
Back up to speed, and still in 5th.

BTW Dave, mine is geared for max top speed instead. Probably a little
low for economy, but that wasn't their aim.

Andy