Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default OT. Street lights revisited ...

In article ,
polygonum wrote:
If it will climb any hill in top gear, the gearing's too low for best
MPG.

I can't think of a motorway hill it couldn't manage.

Shap?

I don't remember specifically, but have certainly driven up and down
M6/M74 and don't remember any thoughts of "wow - had to change down
there" - but a few years and crappy memory could have got in the way. :-)

At least most of the time, except when speed necessarily dropped due to
traffic/roadworks/etc., all I needed to do was press the accelerator
down a bit more.

--
Rod