Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default OT- Electric Blanket Controls Backwards

I have an electric blanket with an off-on switch that seems
intuitively backwards.

When you look at the control, with the illuminated numbers on the
rotary dial in the correct alignment, so you see them right side up,
you depress the left side of the switch just below the dial to turn
the blanket on, and depress the right side of the switch to turn it
off. My intuition is to depress the right side of the switch to turn
it on and the left side to turn it off. Is this because I am right-
handed, or somehown grown up with a warped sense of on-off, or is it
really counter-intuitive??