Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Friggin cold phone callers

On 10/03/2013 11:20, Andy Champ wrote:
On 09/03/2013 23:13, polygonum wrote:

Our A&E is 28 minutes away (Google maps estimate - while that is
possible in quieter times, it is not in rush hours or snow or when there
has been an accident on the very busy road). And that is despite living
in an "Urban Area" with over 115,000 population - not a couple of people
and a few sheep. :-)

We do have the advantage of ambulance stationed around.

We've got three A&E inside half-an-hour. Two twenty minutes away, and
one 28. (Google maps outside rush hour yadah...) You can guess which one
serves this area The local hospital is gradually being downgraded and
now only has a "minor injuries unit".

Of course the disadvantage of having good motorway links (we're stuck
between M3 and M4) is that they are all the other side of a motorway
that stops every rush-hour.

And I can't see an ambulance getting here from our local station in 10
minutes either.

Andy

Ambulances & FRUs don't usually return to station after a call, they
stay at strategic points (RVPs).