Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default How much does it cost to heat "corned beef brisket" for 2 hours at 350 degrees?

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 16:33:05 +0000 (UTC), Banter
wrote:

The wife thinks she's saving money by buying two pounds of corned beef
brisket at $2.69/pound. However, it takes 2 hours to bake at 350F.

Is there a way to convert 350F times 2 hours to kilowatts?

We pay a sliding scale for electricity from 12 cents per KWH for
the first week of the month (or so), to 45 cents per KWH for the
second half of the month, so I can average the electricity to cost
something like 25 to 30 cents per KWH.

But, how many watts does it take to bake?

I realize once I figure out the watts, the rest is easy.
But how do I figure out the watts in an hour at 350F?

Use a crock pot. Oven is too inefficient for that much meat.

Where do you live that you pay those rates? I thought we were high at
19¢.