Posted to rec.woodworking
Keith nuttle Keith nuttle is offline

Default Happy days

On 3/16/2013 5:51 PM, Morgans wrote:

. What I
need is some coil cord that I can use as ends for the power cables.
Coil cord because the shop ceiling is lower, want to keep the power
cord ends as high as possible but still be able to reach them. I can
find coil cord but w/o a ground, want the ground. Someday...

Look for a "camping" or other retractable clothesline reel. Hang it
from your track, add a clamp to hold the receptacle or plug on the end
of the retractable reel. A stick with a hook eye will be handy for
pulling it down from a fully retracted position. Extra loops midway
around the cord to the line will keep it "flaked up high out of the way
while retracted.

You may wish to consider the spiral cords like they use to put on
telephones. (You do remember telephones, don't you)