Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Can you run a stand alone ground wire from the panel to ajunction box?

On Mar 16, 4:00*pm, Joe wrote:
On 03/16/2013 04:30 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

equipment ground. My friend would like to add that ground in the easiest
manner possible, which is to simply add a ground wire from the panel the
junction box. Can he do that?

Thanks!

If I was buying a house and saw **** wiring like that, I'd run like hell.

And really, if you can run a separate ground wire you can run new romex.

I agree you probably could run a whole new cable/wires, but if it is
code, why not just run the ground, and, you don't have to be profane
in your description of the proposed solution, have you priced wire
lately, there are folks who are on limited budgets!!!!