Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Lighting question

"dadiOH" wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I didn't think so. So why are you pushing back on my suggestion that
he contact an "expert" and ask them what they recommend? If different
bulbs will make the table "look" different, why not ask someone who
deals with it every day?

Because it simply isn't rocket science. OP thought his table was
underlighted. The solution is to increase the light. One increases the
light via higher wattage bulbs or by adding fixtures.

Different bulbs won't make the table look different; different light sources
may but that difference will be subtle, his eyes would adapt to it and the
difference would only be from sources he is unlikely to choose with the
exception of flourescent.

As I said, it isn't rocket science so why turn a simple problem/solution
into something complicated? I really don't care if he contacts a whole
*FLOCK* of experts, just seems silly. At some point, people really need to
think for themselves and exercise some common sense.

FWIW, HTH & HAND

Did you read Tomsic's response to your post? There's a lot more meat to
that response than simply saying "raise the fixtures and put in any bulb
you want."

I suspect that Steve was looking for the type of details that Tomsic
provided. Not rocket science, illumination science.