Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP EricP is offline

Default Whistling underfloor heating

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013 11:53:45 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"
wrote:

We've recently had a 'Continental' brand under floor heating system
installed which works very well indeed, however at times it whistles!

The noise emanates from the mixing / temperature setting valve on the
manifold and is at a very high pitch (top of the audio spectrum). If I
slightly adjust the setting, the noise stops, until (presumably) it comes
back to the new set point, when the noise starts up again. Has anyone else
experienced this with their system? I am about to contact the manufacturers,
but would like to be armed with more information if it is available.

AWEM

Without being anglegrinderish, have you considered, or is it possible
to clump it with a plastic hammer?

This can knock this irritating sort of thing into a different position
and shut it up for a while.