Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Lighting question

DerbyDad03 wrote:
"dadiOH" wrote:
DerbyDad03 wrote:

"You can use any bulbs you want"

Well, yes, he can use any bulb he wants, including red or green or
multicolored flashing stobes, but using what he "wants" doesn't
always equate to using what's "best".

Of course, no one would go to the extremes I mentioned above, but
the type of light that different bulbs emit can certainly make a
difference in the clarity of the balls, the contrast between the
balls and the table, the contrast between the rails and the
pockets, etc.

What would accomplish these miracles?

The optimum balance between all of those items could very well
result in more shots made as well as less eye strain during play.

I seriously doubt that when a championship table is set up for those
TV shows, they hang the lamps at the proper location above the table
and then just go into the janitor's closet and grab any bulbs they
find lying around. I'd be willing to bet that they have done
research and experiments and have come up with a specific type of
bulb that works best.

There isn't a lot of choice, derbyOH...

incandescent
fluorescent
led
halogen
argon
mercury
sodium
candles
oil

Anything else? I'm betting on incandescent. And about the only
choice for those is wattage and frosted/nonfrosted. True, you can
get them with colored glass but only an idiot would consider them
for a pool table. Unless it was Christmas.

Are you saying that each of the choices listed above wil cast the
same type of light on the pool table and make no visual difference in
the appearance of the table and balls?

No

--

dadiOH