Posted to rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Make a set of Salt and Pepper Shakers

On 3/15/2013 7:12 AM, HeyBub wrote:
wrote:
Just released this today:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=77

Totally amazing. He used the following power tools to make a salt & pepper
shaker:
* Planer
* Table saw
* Jointer
* Drill press
* Miter saw

and maybe others I missed.

I guess I'm missing your point, Heybub, what is it?

I could make a reasonable guess about your point if Brian had purchased
all those tools with the specific intent of turning out one (or even a
gross) of those S&P sets, but he didn't. He whipped out a simple
project using the tools he happened to have available. Where's the harm?

If he'd done them with a draw knife and an auger would we be chiding him
for ignoring his modern tools and doing it the old fashioned way?

What was it they said in recruit training? Oh, yeah... "Smoke 'em if
you gottem!" Not go out and buy a pack and start smoking.g