Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default OT. Street lights revisited ...

On 15/03/2013 13:46, Jethro_uk wrote:

On the M40, after High Wycombe westbound (J6 IIRC) where the road comes
out of the high-cliffed bit and starts to go downhill, the road lights
finish. Invariably there's a drop in speed of all the traffic by about 20
mph.

Nothing to do with the Stokenchurch-to-Lewknor fogbank? :-)

Do they speed up when coming from unlit into lit areas?

I rather agree but I often find people's choice of driving speed
perplexing. If you go into London on the M40/A40 it is surprising how
many vehicles slow down well below 70 ages before the speed limit
actually drops. And then, once in the 50 mph bit, actually speed up to
60 or so. Similarly in reverse - doing 40 in the 30 but, but staying
down at 50/60 when limit goes back to 70.

--
Rod