Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default OT. Street lights revisited ...

"usenet2012" wrote in message
In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
Fear of the dark is primordial superstition - ghosts and demons.

more like wolves and bears.

BUT actually I feel a lot safer in the dark than by day. I don't feel
illuminated as a potential target. Hiding is easy. Find deep shadow and be
still.

Any attacker must then use a light..

Or have better eyesight or be sitting in the shadows watching your
movements and waiting for you to be close enough.

(Don't get me wrong, I worked for two decades at night and became used to
using my ears as much as my eyes to warn me of anything to concern me.)

--
Simon

12) The Second Rule of Expectations
An EXPECTATION is a Premeditated resentment.

+1

Given what Colin said above about night time vision deteriorating with age,
and the fact that any potential attacker is likely to be quite young, and
have been 'laying in wait' long enough for their eyes to become fully dark
adjusted, I think that i would rather have good lighting in the first place,
than pools of dark to skulk in, in the fond hope that I wouldn't be seen ...
!

Arfa