Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT - Making black and white smoke to order

Mike Tomlinson wrote
Tim+ wrote

Life expectancy at 75 is 86 so 5 years is on the pessimistic side.

Even more true of those with Italian genes.

Most 76 year old men are not the leader of a worldwide
organisation mired in scandal, such as child abuse, gay
marriage, financial shenanigans, rent boys, etc. etc. etc.

This is mighty convenient:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21753860

the cardinals can pop downstairs for a bit of cock when it suits them.

I predict the stress will kill "Francis" within 5 years.

Bet it doesn't. He seems do handle stress pretty well till now.

Having said that, a member of my family, not normally noted for
their cynicism, said that the conclave has picked Pope Francis precisely
because he'll be merely a figurehead. They've chosen someone they
know will carry out all the ceremonial hocus pocus oblivious to what is
going on behind his back. In other words, it'll be business as usual.

And I bet that will see him last more than 5 years.