Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT. Street lights revisited ...

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:27:40 -0000, ARW wrote:

In law, the correct term is a restricted road and, as you say, it
is the provision of a 'system of street lighting' at the specified
spacing that makes it a restricted road. A system of street
lighting is deemed to be three or more lights.

You have managed to word that better than any website I have ever
seen.

Aye, I've always wondered what constitutes "street lighting". Some
small places around here have just one or two lights at less than
183m...

I have a feeling that speed awareness courses are dumbed-down after
listening to some of the feedback from people who have been on them.

Well of course they have, the easy "street lights = 30mph" rule is
simple enough for the dumb fuppers that get caught speeding to
understand. B-)

My mate who is a lorry driver went on one - he loved it and he is a good
driver. Of course he found out the hard way that SOME speed cameras also
take into account the weight of the vehicle that is passing. He was doing
48MPH on a NSL single lane carriageway.

--
Adam