nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Joshi View Post
I am trying to repair a crack in a kitchen colander. I tried using Extra Strong Super Glue (cyanoacrylate) which I bought from the pound shop. It did not hold the crack together.

The plastic seems to be a heat-resistant type and the Super Glue doesn't adhere so well?

Do I need to use some other glue for this type of plasic?

Thanks.
Before you spend a lot of time trying to fix that old plastic colander, maybe check out the prices of new ones. Look in your Yellow Pages phone directory under "Restaurant Equipment & Supplies" and phone any of the places listed there to find out what you can buy a new stainless steel colander for.

If you were to opt for buying a used stainless steel colander (and just sterilize it by washing it with bleach) you'll probably find that the price is so low that you'll regret having wasted time trying to fix your old plastic one.