Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Sharkbite fittings

Bob_Villa wrote:
On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 6:41:13 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Bob_Villa wrote:

On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:32:50 PM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:

If I run-into something I feel is a short-cut method...I don't use it.

What's your definition of a short cut method?

Isn't a PVC toilet flange a shortcut when compared to lead and oakum?

Some of us call those kinds of things new technology.

That's easy...how long have PVC toilet flanges been in use? If something

fails for you a couple times...do you use it again?

Possibly, they don't scale well...certain sizes may be more reliable.

Do you have stats for failures rates on Sharkbites? All I ever hear is good

reviews. What has failed for you "a couple of times"?

Already stated.

Oh, that's right. They failed in an application for which they are not
certified. Already stated.

If a guy tries to cross a pond on a four wheeler and sinks like a stone,
would you swear off four wheelers also?