Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] generic@internet.com is offline

Default Crack in colander (large sieve)

On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 23:35:56 +0000, M.Joshi
wrote:

I am trying to repair a crack in a kitchen colander. I tried using
Extra Strong Super Glue (cyanoacrylate) which I bought from the pound
shop. It did not hold the crack together.

The plastic seems to be a heat-resistant type and the Super Glue doesn't
adhere so well?

Do I need to use some other glue for this type of plasic?

Thanks.

I have never found SuperGlue to be worth much for anything. I'd suggest
an epoxy, but for plastic, it's debatable if it will hold, unless it's
made for plastic. By the time you buy the glues, why not just buy a new
collander. I recall the old ones were made of aluminum, and lasted 50
years. But these days, everything is plastic ****, made to be replaced
every year or two.