Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default So what's the scam here?

On 3/13/2013 4:15 PM, Jason Bourne wrote:
On 3/13/13 4:06 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:
On 03/13/2013 12:12 PM, gpsman wrote:
On Mar 13, 9:26 am, Doug Miller
wrote:
So what do you figure is the scam here?

What difference could that make? I don't even bother with ads without
phone numbers anymore.

That's funny, because I don't give my phone number out to anyone on
craigslist, nor do I call anyone. If a person is unable to compose a
proper message to communicate with me, they just aren't worth my time.

Even worse are the texting idiots, who are unable to compose any
response other than "TEXT ME DUDE 541-555-1234". Those idiots don't
even deserve a response.

Jon

I have a throw-away prepay cell phone that I activated on the PagePlus
Cellular MVNO network for craigslist and similar contact. I bought the
phone for $15 on Ebay and PagePlus's $10 Standard Plan offers 100
minutes good for 120 days. You need to refill before the minutes expire
and unused ones roll over to the next 120 day period. For $2.50 a month,
you don't have to give out your real numbers.

I make cell phone number trading mandatory at the point a meet-up time
and meeting is established. That way, if he's late, you can call him--
or he can call you if he's running late.

I'm too deaf to use a cell phone away from the house...