Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Thinking of getting a new TS, Right tilt or Left tilt?

"Leon" wrote in message

Some brands are imported and sold as it so to speak. IIRC Hammer is
one. While it does not use the traditional stacked dado set it does
have a special blade that makes a wide cut. for example,

http://www.felder-tooling.us/8head-0...text-0320.html

I've looked at those in the past and they are pretty interesting... It
was at a show in NJ at the Felder/Hammer booth where Frank Klausz was
messing around with one of the jointer/planers. It looks like those
blades would leave a nice flat bottom and with replaceable cutters and
nickers should make nice clean cuts for a long time. Likely a sound
investment for a commercial shop...

Yeah those "blades" apparently operate much like a sharper blade

It looks like Klausz is a spokesman for Felder/Hammer... in NJ I thought
he was just playing!

And or this guy. This is a good one too. He rides the sliding table
about half way through.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZoRaBn-n70

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj7H7oVWe6s