Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default So what's the scam here?

On 3/13/2013 4:15 PM, Jason Bourne wrote:

I have a throw-away prepay cell phone that I activated on the PagePlus
Cellular MVNO network for craigslist and similar contact. I bought the
phone for $15 on Ebay and PagePlus's $10 Standard Plan offers 100
minutes good for 120 days. You need to refill before the minutes expire
and unused ones roll over to the next 120 day period. For $2.50 a month,
you don't have to give out your real numbers.

I make cell phone number trading mandatory at the point a meet-up time
and meeting is established. That way, if he's late, you can call him--
or he can call you if he's running late.

Look into Google Voice. Set up a phone number in ANY area code you wish
(including your owng) and it will act as a filter. Phone messages are
recorded, transcribed and shipped to you anonymously. You can also
listen in on the call being left and pick up if you wish.

I use it almost exclusively for Craigslist dealing. It's free.