Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Thinking of getting a new TS, Right tilt or Left tilt?

On 3/13/2013 7:37 PM, Leon wrote:

... Euro table saws are a totally
different breed than the American style table saws. The fact that the
TSS is strictly right tilt is a strike against it as far as I am
concerned. ...

I looked at Hammer and their saw is a bit more appealing however it only
uses blades with 3 holes. I would have to replace 3 Forrest blades and a
Forrest Dado King set....

You also will want to double-check on any Euro-approved saw if want to
use a dado set. Dodo sets are not allowed under the EU OSHA-equivalent
and my understanding is that's enforced by the arbor length being too
short for them. That is what have been told but I don't have direct
firsthand knowledge just I'd recommend checking to be sure...

For panel work the sliding table design is a godsend if the table is
large-enough for the type of work one normally does. I can't help you
on the Laguna in particular but can speak of the utility of the design
having had access to a large (and very old) Baxter & Whitney when in
Lynchburg.

http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id=13508