Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Lighting question

On Mar 13, 1:35*pm, "dadiOH" wrote:
Steve B wrote:
Why aren't you contacting a billiards lighting supply house like I
suggested in my earlier response?

Seems to me like you are intent on reinventing the wheel. You don't
have to
buy from them but you could gather the specs and then take it from
there.

Well, I looked, and everyone is selling pool table lights, not just
the bulbs. *Didn't find any articles on the technical aspects of the
lighting.

The technical aspects are that there are multple lights spread out
lengthwise so that the entire table is lit. *As I said originally.

Your only alternative (to spread the light evenly) is to raise what you
have.

You can use any bulbs you want

--

dadiOH

"You can use any bulbs you want"

Well, yes, he can use any bulb he wants, including red or green or
multicolored flashing stobes, but using what he "wants" doesn't always
equate to using what's "best".

Of course, no one would go to the extremes I mentioned above, but the
type of light that different bulbs emit can certainly make a
difference in the clarity of the balls, the contrast between the balls
and the table, the contrast between the rails and the pockets, etc.

The optimum balance between all of those items could very well result
in more shots made as well as less eye strain during play.

I seriously doubt that when a championship table is set up for those
TV shows, they hang the lamps at the proper location above the table
and then just go into the janitor's closet and grab any bulbs they
find lying around. I'd be willing to bet that they have done research
and experiments and have come up with a specific type of bulb that
works best.