Default So what's the scam here?

On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 10:26:54 AM UTC-5, John Grossbohlin wrote:
"RonB" wrote in message

On Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:26:26 AM UTC-5, Doug Miller wrote:

Spotted an ad on Craigslist for a power saw that I might be interested in

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/3614407632.html

You have pursued this much more than I would have. There are other saws on

the market and this guy isn't acting like a reasonable seller. Might have

a blackjack in his back pocket. Or worse.

Yup... gotta be careful. It's a good idea to not go alone with relatively

large chunks of cash... It would be reasonable to bring other people and/or

friends Smith and Wesson.

OK - Now ya done it. You reminded me of a story from my ancient past.

Years ago I was a day-engineer and night-student. It was in a period in the early 70's and there was a fair amount of racial tension that spilled into the parking lots of Wichita State University.

I worked with a (then) older engineer who was an avid gun enthusiast. He told us one day the bought a "knuckle buster" for protection while he, too, attending night classes on the campus. The buster was a two-shot derringer chambered for .44 magnum.

A few weeks later he used it. He was walking across the dark parking lot one evening and heard a lot of 'commotion' Two guys had a student on the ground and were kicking the crap out of him. Beau yelled at them and one of them turned toward him and said "what the hell are you going to do old man?" He said he reached into his pocket, pulled out the derringer and proceeded to scare the hell out of everyone. He was prepared for the sound because he had shot it in daylight; but he small gun shot a streak of flame about seven feet into the air with the thunderous .44 BOOM. All he could see were the white tennis shoes of the assailants going in one direction and the victim going in the other direction. The sound and flame almost scared him enough to "run off myself!" ;0)