Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default attaching wooden fence posts to a nice stone topped wall

In message

rnal-september.org, Tim+ writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
In message
, Ji
K writes

As I didn't build it there are construction details as such -
However as you ask it's approx 1m tall built of coursed stone, approx
12 inch total wall width, thick stone copings as described in the OP.

I have no pictures - what is it you would need to see?

Unlikely in what you describe, but a dpc is a weak point in a straight wall.

Surely a garden wall isn't going to have a DPC?

There was one at a house some friends were buying. Shutting the garden
gate caused a length of brick wall to wobble:-)

--
Tim Lamb