Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Reckless electricity generating

Come on many people have home made generators and even bike powered ones.
Was this perhaps the location and the lease conditions rather then the
actual gear concerned?

BRIAN

--
From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
"Vic" wrote in message ...
Dundee man to face reckless electricity generating charges

Charles McKenzie is accused of building a home-made generator in his flat
at Dudhope Court

A Dundee man is to stand trial accused of "recklessly producing household
electricity" in a 14th storey flat using a home-made generator system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-21770421

So, a 12V generator, car battery and an inverter is a "dangerous
transformer assembly" and clearly illegal. I must remember that, since I
have one in my car.