Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Wright[_2_] Bill Wright[_2_] is offline

Default Reckless electricity generating

Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:12:03 +0000, Vic wrote:

A Dundee man is to stand trial accused of "recklessly producing
household electricity" in a 14th storey flat using a home-made generator
system.

So, a 12V generator, car battery and an inverter is a "dangerous
transformer assembly" and clearly illegal. I must remember that, since I
have one in my car.

Perhaps storing cans of petrol in a 14th floor flat is a significant
detail?

I was given the keys to a top floor flat because I needed to get into
the loft to fix the TV system for the building. The council were holding
the keys because the tenant was doing a short stretch elsewhere. In the
loft I found a very large number of 5 litre plastic containers. There
was a smell of petrol. The council had to get the fire brigade to empty
the loft. The reason for the man to store the petrol remains unknown to me.

Bill