Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default So what's the scam here?

Doug Miller wrote:

Spotted an ad on Craigslist for a power saw that I might be
interested in
http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/tls/3614407632.html

[Note: photo is not of a DW703 -- I know. I own a DW703. The saw
in the photo is clearly a sliding compound miter saw, but the
DW703 is fixed.]

Ask him to e-mail you another picture of the saw.

Then submit the .jpg picture to any one of a number of on-line websites
that will show you the meta-data (if any) contained in the file. Might
tell you the coordinates where the picture was taken.

Would at least confirm the type of saw.

So what do you figure is the scam here?

He stole the saw from a work site, and he's nervous about unloading it
and getting caught.