Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Sharkbite fittings

On Tue, 12 Mar 2013 05:41:56 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa
wrote:

On Monday, March 11, 2013 9:57:19 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I never heard of them until a couple of years ago on this newsgroup.

Fantastic, they are.

The only encounter with these was an Invacare Whirlpool where they leaked. The connections were 3/8(on poly-eth)and may have been due to vibration or high-pressure...but I'm NOT going to use them because of it.

They are not certified for PE tubing. Don't let your error stop you
from using them in the correct application.