Posted to az.politics,alt.home.repair,talk.politics.guns,ny.politics,ca.politics

Default Anti Gun News Anchor Gets Schooled in Debate With WV CitizensDefense League President

On Mar 11, 11:57*pm, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 11 Mar 2013 19:03:49 -0700, "Oglethorpe"
wrote:

"Ken" wrote in ....
God's Debris wrote:
http://gunssavelives.net/blog/video-...r-gets-schoole....

A good one.

Big error at aboty 3.35 minutes in. The host and gust both talk about asault
rifles when the guest should have corrected the host's claim that the guns
used in recent shootings were asaault rifle. They were all semi automatics.

I caught this too. The host jumped around so much, the guest missed
it. *You and I didn't :-\

--
"Dodgeball in Burkas" -- Greg Gutfeld

Yeah, that was a hard one to miss. I don't know how
the guest screwed that one up. In the context of the
discussion they were talking about assault rifles as
fully automatic and no full autos were used in any of
the mass shootings.

I also think it's unfair to say that referring to some semi-automatic
rifles as "assault rifles" is a media misnomer. I don't think the
confusion rests solely with the media. Back in 1994
with the passage of the "assault weapons" ban, semi-auto
rifles with certain cosmetic features became "assault
weapons" under the law. So, I think it's not far fetched
to see that people would start referring to those weapons
that were banned as "assault rifles". When you have
a rifle that is an assault weapon under the law, it's
easy to see how it then gets called an "assault rifle".