Posted to rec.woodworking
Spalted Walt Spalted Walt is offline

Default HF 4 1/2" Grinder

On Sat, 9 Mar 2013 17:46:17 -0500, "Mike Marlow"
wrote:

Another good deal post...

I picked up another HF 4 1/2" angle grinder at the tent sale. $10.00.
Between my son and I we have a few of this particular model, and they just
don't seem to die. I also have a couple of the next model up, and I have
put them through pure hell doing body work, metal fab, etc. They just keep
working. As cheap as they are, if they do go tits up, it's cheap to replace
them. With more than one on hand, I'm not even really inconvenienced if one
pukes.

An angle grinder isn't a very mystical tool - it just goes round and round,
and occaisionally bites your finger a bit. You just can't go wrong with
these. Sometimes it pays to have a backup on hand with cheap tools. Hell -
my old SnapOn grinder left me wishing I had a backup on hand, so it's not
just true of cheap tools.

The one I picked up the other day was to put my wire cup on. I have one
with a grinding wheel, one with a cut-off wheel, and this one with the wire
cup on it. Saves having to change over. I use my cut-off tool much more
than I use my angle grinder with the cut-off wheel, but when I do want the 4
1/2" dude, it's there and ready to go.

Cheap makes it easier to justify buying a-nother.

Here's a neat little 4" carving disk to go on that new grinder:

http://www.harborfreight.com/22-toot...disc-7697.html

And at $28 w/20% off coupon, it's almsot half the price Woodcraft is asking for
the exact same item.

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/200...-58-arbor.aspx

Who says HF only sells cheap Chinese made crap? ;-)

http://www.woodcraft.com/Images/prod...rand=304177429