Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default ridge tile/vent?

ian17 wrote the following on 3/9/2013 1:48 PM (ET):
hi i'm just looking for some help please,i've got a vent at the top of
my roof that has two 5inch pipes coming down from it that then go into
the wall that joins my flat to my neighbours,my only thought was that it
serves to vent a space between our flats,that's if they even have a
cavity between the blockwork??you'll have to forgive my ignorance,if
possible i'd like to remove them

Do you own the flat?
You can't modify anything in a rental.
Do any of the other flats have the same setup?
If not, then the pipes may serve all the flats in your building.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY