Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Yamaha RX-V992 won't power on

N_Cook wrote in message
Bob E. wrote in message
Pressing the power button gets relay click and power LED flash (on

volume
control) but all shuts down immediately.

Looked for infamous "pink cap" on "sub power supply" (there is one) and
replaced but no change in symptoms.

Jumpered the relay contacts and using a Variac ran voltage up full

(while
watching main transformer secondary voltages): all seems normal but

still
no
signs of life. Transformer voltages are as expected (2 pairs of

windings;
each pair share a common center tap, total: 4 windings, all voltages

increase
linearly with increase of primary V). Still no display or control
functionality at all.

Pressing the power button (with jumpered relay and full mains voltage
applied) gets same symptoms.

So far I think I can rule out a shorted output device.

How best to proceed with the troubleshooting?

Ideas?

I have the service manual.

Thanks.

voltages increase linearly and match + and - ?
Any SIL protection device eg (uP)C1237 , get the data on it and work

around
its inputs and outputs , could be IC failure or genuine bad/erroneous bad
input

If microcontroller based, then similar sort of skirting around process, but
not so easy working out the relevant inputs/outputs