Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT -- Windows 8

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:20:40 -0400, Dave wrote:

Sometimes you just don't know if you're going to hate or like
something until you actually use it a bit. Usually, that finding out
costs you money.

When I first saw the Netbooks with a 10" screen, I thought it was
crazy to buy a tiny computer like that. Keyboard is too small, limited
power, etc, etc.

I saw one on sale for $180 so I figured I try in on a trip. That
little machine had been to four countries, a dozen states and will go
to a dozen more in May. Sometimes it sits on my belly when I'm in the
recliner in front of the TV.

My wife has a 17" laptop that never leaves the house. Too damned heavy
to drag around an airport or in and out of hotel rooms.