Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Filtering HomeGuy's posts

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 13:44:23 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

Oren wrote in
:

On Sat, 9 Mar 2013 22:58:37 +0000 (UTC), Tegger
wrote:

My Windows 7 doesn't seem to like the executable. The install
dialog comes up, but the install itself locks up right after clicking
the Install button.

... another thought. Are you running 64 bit Win7 ?

That could be the reason... it runs in 32 bit installed.

Curious

Yep, I've got 64-bit Win7. I even tried closing my firewall, anti-virus,
and Spybot. No dice.

The install process (run as Administrator) starts up with np-120.exe
showing up in the processes list, along with setup.exe. But no CPU
resources are being used, and the program stalls dead. Also tried running
it under "compatibility mode" for WinXP and Win98.

I have other 32-bit programs that work just fine running under 64-bit.
Maybe NewsProxy isn't one of the "compatible" ones. Microsoft's
Compatibility website doesn't list NP at all.

I'm not sure that NP is fully 32 bit. It may have some 16 bit coding?
The files are dated 1999. 64 bit handles files much differently -
likely the reason it will not run.