Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default HF SCMS update - Another 'Aye' vote

On 3/10/2013 10:23 AM, dpb wrote:

I'm not sure that I'd want to play around with a dado set on this one.
Actually, the instructions specifically state that you should NOT adjust
the depth of cut any lower and the adjustable depth lock is designed to
raise the blade up for kerf cuts. Anybody got a 12" dado set laying
around to give this a try?g

I doubt it has long-enough arbor shaft for much of a dado set but you
make such a cut w/ these by using shim stock under the workpiece instead
of lowering the depth of cut below nominal.

Generally you don't use a dado set, but what you do is keep kerf
cutting. then chisel out.

--
Jeff