Posted to rec.woodworking

Default This One Is For You Bill

Sonny wrote:
That's a pretty good instruction video. Thanks for posting.

Work table construction: On the leg attaching to the table top, Norm
used 1 1/4" screws to attach the 3/4" ply legs. I would have used 1
1/2" or 1 5/8"screws.

Didn't he just screw into 2 pieces of 3/4 plywood? If that's the case, then
1 1/4" is plenty sufficient. Especially after the head is countersunk. You
only have 1 1/2" to work with if in fact it was 2 pieces of 3/4".

I like that set & release caster application, too. I may try to
modify one of my tables with that.

I like it too.

On the clamp rack, before cutting dados for the A-frame seating,
maybe first assemble the A-frame and place it on the plywood base.
Use the A-frame footprint to mark where the dados will be. Unless
you build the A-frame's footprint to exact dimensions for
predetermined/precut dados, the A-frame may not fit into the dados.

Oh don't be such a chicken! That's what sawdust and wood glue are for!
Fill 'em in and cut new ones.

--

-Mike-