Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default This One Is For You Bill

That's a pretty good instruction video. Thanks for posting.

Work table construction: On the leg attaching to the table top, Norm used 1 1/4" screws to attach the 3/4" ply legs. I would have used 1 1/2" or 1 5/8"screws.

I like that set & release caster application, too. I may try to modify one of my tables with that.

On the clamp rack, before cutting dados for the A-frame seating, maybe first assemble the A-frame and place it on the plywood base. Use the A-frame footprint to mark where the dados will be. Unless you build the A-frame's footprint to exact dimensions for predetermined/precut dados, the A-frame may not fit into the dados.

My clamp cart is so heavy, with all the clamps on it, it is sometimes an albatross, itself. Initially, 2" casters just didn't function, for the weight. 3" casters are a little better. 4" would probably be best, for me. Any larger casters would/might make for placing the casters too far inside the base's perimeter, hence possibly having top heavy problems of tilting over easily. My cart is 41"L X 24"W X 51"H.

Sonny