Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Friggin cold phone callers

On 08/03/2013 22:41, Rod Speed wrote:

"Sam Plusnet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Sam Plusnet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

snip lots more

It is unlawful to make direct marketing calls to individuals who
have indicated that they do not want to receive such calls. "

Which is why many of the cold calls I get (despite the TPS) claim
to be
"a survey" or "reminding me I still haven't claimed..." etc. etc.

It does not matter what they "pretend" the call is about. If the
ultimate
aim is to sell something then it's banned

i.e. enough wriggle-room (in their view) to evade legislation.

No it doesn't. They may think that it does, but it doesn't

Possibly,

Certainly,

but since their livelihood depends upon it, I suspect that they've
spent more time thinking about this topic than you or I.

Those who wrote the law certainly did.

Our laws all seem to be written to be open to interpretation. This keeps
the legal profession rolling in money. Funnily enough the goverment and
opposition have a lot of legal people in them. Coincidence? I think not!

I write Engineering documents and spend a lot of time and effort
eliminating ambiguity and possible misinterpretation. I want my
documents to inform a supplier clearly what is wanted, without any doubt
or loopholes. The massed intelligences of government are surely able to
achieve the same end when preparing legislation, unless they choose not to.

SteveW