Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Friggin cold phone callers

"Dave Liquorice" wrote:
[snip]

The only charity that gets any money out of me is the Great North Air
Ambulance via their lottery, I might win something or I might need their
services and I find it disgusting that all the Air Ambulance Services are
not funded from central government via the NHS or what ever.

I've given money to the RNLI for years, another charity that deserves
support. I feel that the country needs a service like the RNLI to support
ambulances, air ambulances and paramedics. That is, an organisation
structured like the RNLI capable of specifying and providing the necessary
vehicles, crew training and management services funded entirely by
charitable donation.

The RNLI was, briefly, a government funded organisation. It was a disaster
and the RNLI ended up opting to go back to charitable status. It just works
better. Get it government funded and it will end up under the thumb of some
moron like dennis.

--
€˘DarWin|
_/ _/